refresh_callback or rndc: connect: connection refused

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Jun 11 16:58:37 UTC 2002

gaius.petronius <rut at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> system (Linux RH 7.1) running BIND 9.1

> service named start
> Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
> service named status
> rndc: connect: connection refused

> The system has been running straight for a year serving DNS.  about 3
> weeks ago the machine began to crash every 2-3 days.  No configuration
> changes have been made to the system, and there are no space problems.
>  Now DNS is crashing every few minutes.  i have moved DNS to another
> machine

> The logs say

Ok, examining the logs more in details will give clues, bit first, DO REPLACE
biond 9.1   It's old and chances are that your problems will disappear
when you replaced it,.

> Jun 10 10:27:17 dns1 named[11999]: listening on IPv4 interface eth0,
> [this machine ip address]#53
> Jun 10 10:27:17 dns1 named[11999]: binding TCP socket: address in use

You already have another named running. Find out what starts it, and
disable.

> Jun 10 10:27:17 dns1 named[11999]: running
> Jun 10 10:27:17 dns1 named[11999]: refresh_callback: zone
> [domain].com/IN: non-authoritative answer from [master dns ip
You are trying to load a slave zone from a Lame master. Fix the master.
> address]#53

> Apparently at this point dies

_should_ not, but again, replace !

--