Error when configuring minimal-responses to yes in the named.conf

Andris Kalnozols andris at hpl.hp.com
Thu Jun 13 15:50:59 UTC 2002

> miguel.paramio at bt.es (Miguel Paramio) wrote:
>
> I am configuring minimal-options in the named.conf and I am getting
> the following error when I do a rndc reload
>
> general: info: loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf'
> config: error: /etc/named.conf:16. parse error near
> 'minimal-responses'
> general: error: reloading configuration failed: failure
>
> Could anybody help me out ??
>
> Thanks a lot

In your prior posts, you indicated that one or more of your
name servers were running BIND 9.1.2 or 9.1.3.  I'm not sure
when the `minimal-responses' feature was implemented but these
older BIND versions are suspect in this regard.  As Mark likes
to say, these are well past the "use by" date anyway and should
be upgraded to the current release, 9.2.1.

Andris