one zone file for virtual domains

Karyn Williams karyn at calarts.edu
Thu Jun 20 18:56:57 UTC 2002

We have a number of virtual domains that all point to one server. I am
wondering if they can all be put into one zone file ? Here's a sample of
what they look like now:

$TTL 86400
@       IN      SOA             calarts.com.    postmaster.muse.calarts.edu. (
                       167        ; Serial
                       14400      ; refresh every 4 hours
                       7200       ; retry every 2 hours
                       12096000   ; expire in twenty weeks
                       86400 )    ; default time-to-live
;
        IN      NS      alpha.calarts.edu.
        IN      NS      muse.calarts.edu.
;
calarts.com.            IN      A       198.182.157.5
www.calarts.com.        IN      A       198.182.157.5
redcat.calarts.com.     IN      A       198.182.157.5

$TTL 86400
@       IN      SOA             macmame.net.    postmaster.muse.calarts.edu. (
                                164        ; Serial
                                14400      ; refresh every 4 hours
                                7200       ; retry every 2 hours
                                12096000   ; expire in twenty weeks
                                86400 )    ; default time-to-live
;
        IN      NS      alpha.calarts.edu.
        IN      NS      muse.calarts.edu.
;
; Domain information for macmame.net (Nathan Strum, Film/Video)

macmame.net.            IN      A       198.182.157.5
www.macmame.net.        IN      A       198.182.157.5

--

Karyn Williams, CNE
Network Services Manager