Own root cache for outside resolutios , possible?

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 11:51:29 UTC 2002

"Joaquin J. Domens" wrote:

> Which is the smartest solution to mantain this architecture?

Smartest - well depends what your goals are.

Why do internal clients need Internet resolution? Is it all of
them or one or two?

Can you use proxy servers to meet the requirement?

> Do I have to built my root.cache in a special way ? or it's not possible
> to do this ?

I don't think you can achieve the desired effect this via
editing root.hints.

I think bite the bullet and configure all your name servers with
all your corporate zone files, and make them recurse with a
normal root.hints. Might be big change, but easy to understand
and maintain afterwards if you do it right.

Proxies offer to bypass the problem, whilst offering good
security, probably be my first approach.