Zone Transfer Prob.

Joaquin J. Domens jdomens at corp.terra.es
Fri Jun 21 12:10:30 UTC 2002

Thanks Bill, Simon, for your quick response :-)

Just after sending the messages I remembered the forward option, the thing was
that i was not sure about serving his own authoritative zones.

I've set up all the internal zones in dnsinternal and I've put all other dns's
with internet access as forwarders, so that dnsinternal ask the others for
internet resolution and it seems to work as i wanted.

Anyway I've find very useful your comments about it.

Thanks a lot ;-)

"Stephens, Bill {PBSG}" wrote:

> DIG returns the correct SOA, and successfully returns a full zone transfer.
> I'm pretty sure it's not a corrupt zone file or named.conf.  I have a
> cross-over cable between the two servers.  I added the IP address of the
> masters cross-over, and the transfer took off!  I have the server defitition
> set to transfer-format many-answers;transfers 160;};  The non-crossover
> segment is on a 100mb switched Ethernet segment what could be constipating
> the transfer?  CPU on both master and slave run <5%, out of 512mb I'm only
> using about 150mb.
>
> This zone has about 15 slave servers, I've tried trimming it down to 3 and
> still had the same problem.
>

> Bill Stephens
> PepsiCo Business Solutions Group
> Bill.Stephens at pbsg.com
> 972.376.7155      fax: 972.376.6019

Joaquin J. Domens
Área de Tecnología
Departamento de Producción / Aplicaciones
Terra Networks España S.A.
Julián Camarillo, 6
28037 Madrid, España
joaquin.domens at corp.terra.es