Why ? denied update from [61.142.41.96].2697 for "proulx.com" IN

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 23 22:22:07 UTC 2002

Bob Proulx wrote:

> No dynamic dns here.
>
> > side would be to change your SOA record so the primary name
> > server reported to them maps to a different address (not
>
> I saw that mentioned in another posting.  But frankly I did not
> understand it.

Updates go to the host in the SOA record, you have proulx.com
here, which has an A record pointing to the server called
Joseki.

If you change the SOA record so the primary DNS is listed as say
"localhost.", the updates will be sent elsewhere.

If you don't use dynamic DNS this change should not impact
anything else, you certainly don't have to touch the NS records
to implement this change.