No server name display in NSLookup?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Mar 21 19:38:27 UTC 2002

In article <a7daph$5il at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Steven Lai <slai at sceptre.com> wrote:
>When I use Nslookup to query the BIND server, I get this error
>
>"Can't find server name for the address 65.119.31.58. Server failed."

This means that there's a problem with the reverse DNS for your address.
Since the reverse file looks correct, I suspect the problem may be in your
named.conf file.  Please post that.

>This is the Reverse File
>
>$TTL	43200
>@		IN	SOA	ns1.komodo.com.	hostmaster.ns1.komodo.com. (
>			2002032101 ; serial
>			1H ; refresh
>			15 ; retry

I suspect you meant 15M here; 15 by itself means 15 seconds.  Although if
you don't have any slave servers, refresh and retry are not used for
anything.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA