Domain Name Gluing

Cinense, Mark macinen at sandia.gov
Thu May 9 20:02:20 UTC 2002

I was asked this question earlier today.
	If I had a domain name hoser.parent.grandparent.org and this is
already been setup with 2KAD, and the parent domain said that you need to
change your domain to hoser.screwed.parent.grandparent.org, could the new
hoser subdomain of the screwed domain point back to
hoser.parent.grandparent.org domain?  Since I run Unix Bind servers, the MS
guys wanted to know if I put up a Bind server as the
hoser.screwed.parent.grandparent.org nameserver, with records that either
alias, or glue back to the hoser.parent.grandparent.org server when requests
are made to hoser.screwed.parent.grandparent.org work.  They do knot want to
have to rebuild the AD where the tree sits on hoser.parent.grandparent.org.

Thanks,

Mark