bind backup

MegaNet DomainReg domainreg at meganet.net
Mon Nov 11 16:44:48 UTC 2002

I have a server running radius and bind. I want to be able to have a backup
server ready to go incase the primary server "crashes". The backup server
will be in a different location than the primary server.

location A = primary server running bind 9.2/radius ip 1.1.1.1
location B = backup server running bind 9.2/radius ip 2.2.2.2

I plan to manually add a host route for 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2. In case the
primary server in location A (1.1.1.) crashes send all traffic to location B
(2.2.2.2).

My question is since my primary server, which has an ip address of 1.1.1.1,
crashes and bind 9.2 is no longer running on that server and a have a host
route redirecting everything with a destination of 1.1.1.1 going to 2.2.2.2
(location B), will I need any configuration options in bind to answer for
address 1.1.1.1? I looked at the listen-on option.

Thanks,