(no subject)

Shanmugam Palaniappan shanmu at comneti.com
Fri Nov 15 05:39:09 UTC 2002

All,
    I am running BIND 8.3.3 in Solaris 8 as a non-root user under
  chroot() environment. I am able to successfully execute all the
  options with ndc command except "exec"

  Command used to start named:
	/usr/local/sbin/named -u named -g named -t /apps/named.d

  When I try to run "ndc exec" (as /usr/local/sbin/ndc -c
/apps/named.d/usr/local/etc/ndc.d/ndc exec) the following trace dumped
  in my log file:

	default: warning: can't exec, /usr/local/sbin/named: No such file
or directory

  Is it known that "ndc exec" is not possible when running named as a diff
  user & group and under chroot environment?

  Appreciate any comments.

Regards

Shan