New version of Bind8 for W2k?

Bjorn Johansson bjorn-bind at loud-n-clear.net
Fri Nov 15 10:44:17 UTC 2002

Hi,

Just a short note to find out if you know when a 'safe' version of Bind8
will be released for W2k?

As far as I know the 'bug' in Bind9.2.1 for W2k is still not sorted, so
where unable to move to that version at this time.

The problem we had with Bind9.2.1 for Winnt4/W2k was:
The problem is I keep getting the following message, over and over again
in the event log:
'socket: too many open file descriptors'
and
'accept: too many open file descriptors'

It keeps writing the above, until Bind eventually stops.

Does anybody know if the above problem has been sorted?

Regards,
--
Bjorn Johansson