domain suddenly doesn't resolve

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Nov 29 23:27:20 UTC 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 04:09:09PM -0500, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> Yes. the nameservers are fine, its the whois database that is screwed up.
> The client is resetting the domains to ns0 and ns1.hostshq.com AGAIN!

I hope you are aware that the WHOIS database has ABSOLUTELY nothing to
do with DNS????

Except that if the owners of hostshq.com forgot to update their WHOIS
database entries, they might also have forgotten to ask the TLD name
servers to remove or update those HOST record entries.  Often,
registrars will make the two separate actions part of a single action
on the user's part, so it's easy to forget this; but there is no name
server of which I am aware that ever consults any WHOIS database for
any DNS information!!!

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B