How to edit named.conf

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Oct 11 13:31:19 UTC 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 08:15:01AM +0200, Milan Leszkow wrote:
> does anybody know if there is any simple way to edit named.conf file?
>
> I mean some useful tools for adding, delteing and editing zone section.

Certainly.  'vi' is very simple.  ;-)

Some say EMACS Makes All Computing Simple, but ISTM the opposite.
Chacon a son gout.  [Each to his own brand of goo.]  [With apologies to
true Francophones - that was meant as a joke.]

There is also a Web tool called 'webmin', cf. www.webmin.com/webmin/.

> Will named.conf be in XML style? Anytime ? :-)

Well, can you advance any arguments FOR doing this?  Adding complexity
just for complexity's sake is a BAD thing.

OTOH, you are perfectly welcome to define an XML format, write a Web
tool with which to manipulate it, and write another tool to convert it
from the "eXtra-special Milan Leszkow" [XML] format to the real format.
;-)  Especially if it handles ALL cases.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B
		     mail to sys-adm at center.osis.gov