Help !!

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Oct 15 01:26:36 UTC 2002

> Dear Danny Mayer :
>
> Thank You Help !!
>
> Maybe I can't get right to express error message
>
> I know use notepad to edit named.conf
>
> My named.conf is
>
> # Use with the following in named.conf, adjusting the allow list as needed:
> key "rndc-key" {
>   algorithm hmac-md5;
>   secret "7dmR8alAYKMgVw/PrNv6rw==";
> };
>
> controls {
>   inet 127.0.0.1 port 953
>    allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { "rndc-key"; };
> };
> # End of named.conf
>
> Than it's can work , I can find the services is run in windows 2000
>
> But whenever I add
> zone "." {type hint; file "db.cache"; };
> or add other zone .
>
> I can stop named service
>
> But I can't restart named service
>
> I make sure have db.cache the files.

	Add a options block with a directory clause.

	options {
		directory "C:/window/dns";
	}:

	or use fully qualified filenames is the zone
	declarations.

	Also make sure that named.conf ends with a CR/LF (you may need to
	add a completely blank line to the end with notepad).

	The event viewer will tell you why named didn't start.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org