nslookup problem

C Rahul crahul at novell.com
Wed Oct 23 06:52:56 UTC 2002

Hi=20
  I am facing some problem with configuration of nslookup. In my /etc/resol=
v.conf file i have my nameserver set to xxx.xx.148.240 . When i execute =
nslookup , it gives me the following error=20

*** Can't find server name for address xxx.xx.148.240: Server failed

But when i try to set the same namserver using server command of nslookup =
, everything works ... Why ?? Can someone help me in proper setting so =
that nslookup starts automatically without going the pain of using the =
server command , each and every time we start the nslookup  ??

Thanks
Rahul