Crash on ndc reload

Andreas Gietl listen at e-admin.de
Sun Sep 29 12:48:49 UTC 2002

Hi,

we are experiencing a strange problem with bind-8.3.3 running on linux for a
few weeks.

We have a few thousand zones in our DNS and after doing a ndc reload bind
sometimes crashes and this message shows up in the log:

named[2247]: ns_glue.c:209: INSIST(dname != NULL) failed

Has anyone of you an idea what could cause this error? Is this the result of
too low resource limits - which i increased now?

Thanx

Andreas
--
e-admin internet gmbh
Andreas Gietl                                          tel +49 941 3810884

PGP/GPG-Key unter http://www.e-admin.de/gpg.html