Operation timed out when digging mx

Tom bartling at io.com
Tue Aug 19 19:31:31 UTC 2003

"G. Roderick Singleton" <gerry at pathtech.org> wrote in message
news:bhttap$4or$1 at sf1.isc.org...
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 03:41, Tom wrote:
> > Thanks, Mark. That seems to have fixed the problem of the name server
> > displaying the IP address in front of the domain name. And it may have
fixed
> > the time out problem. However, emails are still bouncing. I haven't been
> > able to obtain a bounced email to see what's happening, but I will post
> > another question if needed.
> >
> > I appreciate your help!
> >
> > Tom
> >

> I tried to see what was with your zone using doc-2.2.3 and got the
> following which leads me to believe you need to recheck your logs to
> find out why checking your zone would produce an abort:
>
> doc carldochenrealtors.com
> Doc-2.2.3: doc carldochenrealtors.com
> Doc-2.2.3: Starting test of carldochenrealtors.com.   parent is com.
> Doc-2.2.3: Test date - Tue Aug 19 15:08:58 EDT 2003
> SYSerr: No servers for carldochenrealtors.com. returned SOAs ...
>    YIKES: doc aborted while testing carldochenrealtors.com.  parent com.
>    WARNINGS issued for carldochenrealtors.com. (count: 13)
>    Incomplete test for carldochenrealtors.com. (1)
> Done testing carldochenrealtors.com.  Tue Aug 19 15:09:05 EDT 2003
>

> --
> Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
> 416-452-4583

Thanks for looking. You made a typo when doing the look. The unfortunate
thing about the url is that it's kinda long. You typed
carldochenrealtors.com (Carl Dochen) instead of caroldochenrealtors.com
(Carol Dochen).

I am unfamiliar with doc-2.2.3. What's it do?

Thanks,

----
Tom Bartling
Webmaster/E-commerce Programmer