Operation timed out when digging mx

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Tue Aug 19 19:13:35 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 03:41, Tom wrote:
> Thanks, Mark. That seems to have fixed the problem of the name server
> displaying the IP address in front of the domain name. And it may have fixed
> the time out problem. However, emails are still bouncing. I haven't been
> able to obtain a bounced email to see what's happening, but I will post
> another question if needed.
>
> I appreciate your help!
>
> Tom

I tried to see what was with your zone using doc-2.2.3 and got the
following which leads me to believe you need to recheck your logs to
find out why checking your zone would produce an abort:

doc carldochenrealtors.com
Doc-2.2.3: doc carldochenrealtors.com
Doc-2.2.3: Starting test of carldochenrealtors.com.   parent is com.
Doc-2.2.3: Test date - Tue Aug 19 15:08:58 EDT 2003
SYSerr: No servers for carldochenrealtors.com. returned SOAs ...
   YIKES: doc aborted while testing carldochenrealtors.com.  parent com.
   WARNINGS issued for carldochenrealtors.com. (count: 13)
   Incomplete test for carldochenrealtors.com. (1)
Done testing carldochenrealtors.com.  Tue Aug 19 15:09:05 EDT 2003

--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
416-452-4583