HELP! DNS Problem

David Meier meier at logmail.net
Fri Aug 29 13:55:39 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have the enjoyable task to fix our DNS server for reverse lookups.
Unfortunately I am a novice to OpenVMS which makes the task a true
challenge.

We have 32 IP addresses from our ISP and I need to set that zone up
for reverse DNS lookups. Therefore I have to create a file
(Unix-style) called: 32/27.214.141.195.in-addr.arpa.db

Since slashes and dots are not allowed in file names I called it:
32_27_214_141_195_in-addr_arpa.db

To include the zone in named I need to create a command such as:

$ ucx set conf bind /prime=(domain:32/27.214.141.195.in-addr.arpa)

which leads to the following error:

%CLI-W-NOPAREN, value improperly delimited - supply parenthesis
 \32\

Now how can I create such a zone entry in VMS? Any input is GREATLY
appreciated!

Dave