DNS always updating

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 3 18:29:50 UTC 2003

In article <bqin46$19ob$1 at sf1.isc.org>, G Berg  <gerand at firemail.de> wrote:
>So my question is: How does bind determine whether changes have taken
>place to that he needs to send notifies and reload all the files? I
>can't be the filesize or anything like that because the files (after
>creating them newly) are 100% the same. The serials match as well.

It's supposed to check the file modification time, and only reload the
files that have changed since the last time they were loaded.

Note that any files that contain $INCLUDE statements are reloaded whether
or not they have changed, since one of the include files might have changed.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Level(3), Woburn, MA