ixfr (?) problems in 8.3.4

Mike Mitchell Mike.Mitchell at sas.com
Wed Dec 3 18:51:41 UTC 2003

I've worked around this type of problem by multi-homing my primary =
nameserver.
The secondaries then pull the zone from both IP addresses of the =
primary, the
first using IXFR and the second using AXFR.  Under normal conditions =
IXFR is
used, but if the IXFR ever fails the secondary nameserver switches to =
AXFR.
This is accomplished by using the "server" directive in the secondary =
nameserver
configuration, like:

server 10.10.10.1 { support-ixfr yes; transfer-format many-answers; };
server 10.10.10.2 { support-ixfr no; transfer-format many-answers; };