ixfr (?) problems in 8.3.4

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Dec 3 19:00:36 UTC 2003

    > Please post your config file.  And don't change anything in the
    > posting.  I doubt that you are using the abc.com zone.

    >> Indeed I'm not using abc.com, but it is a 3 letter .com zone
    >> we're talking about. Below is the config file from the master,
    >> with the only change being a regexp to replace the 3 letters of
    >> the domain name.

First of all, please put a proper email address in the To: header. The
newsgroup is gatewayed into a mailing list. If you put crap in the
headers, people on the list can't reply to you. That's your loss.

Secondly, stop this "abc.com" nonsense. There's no need to conceal the
real domain name. What are you trying to hide? Why? What benefit do
you think this brings? Providing the config files in the way you did
was utterly pointless. We're not seeing *exactly* what your name
server sees. And for all we know, your efforts to conceal the actual
domain names may have caused other inadvertent changes to the files.
Someone already asked you to do that. You didn't. So why should anyone
bother to try to help you if you won't provide the information that
was requested?

Finally, if you want to use incremental zone transfer, you should be
running BIND9, not BIND8. Come to think of it, everybody using BIND
should really be running BIND9.