What does this error mean??? "no BIND for this system in this kit"?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Dec 4 21:38:04 UTC 2003

Claudio.L. wrote:

>I tried a "make install" and recieved
>"There is no BIND port for this system in this kit"
>
>I got the source for binf 8.4.3 and am using it in a aix 5.1

Seems rather obvious to me. There is no official AIX 5.1 port for that
version of BIND 9. Depending on your skill/knowledge level, you might be
able to tweak the code enough to compile on AIX 5.1, in which case do
the AIX community a favor and submit your tweaks to ISC so that
hopefully they can incorporate them into a future official port.