Iñaki Martinez sysadmin at hostalia.com
Sat Dec 6 09:41:58 UTC 2003

Hi!!

> >   So, when you ask to the old IP the server answers its zones or other
> > zones...
> > And when you ask the new one the server does NOT answer its zones (as this
> > has NOT zones) and only answer zones from other nameservers..
>
> >   The new ip acts as a nameserver without zones....
>

> >   can this be done with views????
>
> >   or i need two bind servers running in the same server????
>
> >   thanks!!!

>you don't need views for this. What you want ( correct me if i'm wrong)
>is 'listen-on'

  Well.... perhaps...yes...

>That is, your old nameserver should have a statement
>'listen-on {old-ip};' , then you start a second nameserver
>with a suitable named.conf containing an 'listen-on {new-ip};'

Can i run two bind servers listen to in the same port?????

I repeat what i want:

One IP (A), the server answers its zones (in the local hard disk) and other
zones (that are not in local hard disk) ...
another IP (B), IGNORES the local zones and ONLY asks other name servers
(looking its root)...

  for example, i add a zone to my nameserver (IP A) but the whois has not
change yet so point to other nameserver.

  then if i ask to my nameserver this answer its zone, this is correct.

  But i want another IP or nameserver (in the same machine if possible)
that check where must ask to ask the correct name server.

  That is done with views, listen-on or is not possible....

  Thanks.....