phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Dec 5 21:57:38 UTC 2003

Iñaki Martínez <imd at hostalia.com> wrote:
> Hi!!!

>>I'm not shure i understand the question. Do you add another ip
>>to the nameserver ? Or do you want to add one 'A' record that
>>should be treated differently depending on who's asking ?

>   I add another IP....

>   So, when you ask to the old IP the server answers its zones or other
> zones...
> And when you ask the new one the server does NOT answer its zones (as this
> has NOT zones) and only answer zones from other nameservers..

>   The new ip acts as a nameserver without zones....

>   can this be done with views????

>   or i need two bind servers running in the same server????

>   thanks!!!

Ok,
you don't need views for this. What you want ( correct me if i'm wrong)
is 'listen-on'

That is, your old nameserver should have a statement
'listen-on {old-ip};' , then you start a second nameserver
with a suitable named.conf containing an 'listen-on {new-ip};'

( you need to add 'listen-on' for your old, otherwize it will
bind to all addresses blocking your new one.)

--
Peter Håkanson