Adding MX to an alias

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 22:51:19 UTC 2003

Jim McCullars wrote:

> Create an A record for exponent, with the IP address of info, and then an
> MX to email?  If I do that, will I break the sendmail (or something else)
> on email or info?
I'd probably do it that way, and it shouldn't break anything, if it does
whatever broke was too brittle ;)

You could also do a wildcard (*.uah.edu.) MX if these are generally
defaulting to the central mail server.

Since I don't like CNAME's or wildcards, I'd do it the first way you
suggested.

Sendmail probably wants to know about this domain.