How can I setup my DNS when my ISP DNS crashes

Joaco tonyb at sysdev.org
Tue Dec 16 04:40:11 UTC 2003

Running bind 9.1.2 with an internal and an external zone.

Frequently, now days, my ISP's servers crash and my two local
dns servers then fail to provide external name resolution during
those lapses.  My WWW/FTP servers remain visible to the outside,
because I switched to Netsol for my domain's external DNS.
However, I am now blind internally and end up having to go to
tracert.com(/etc/hosts) for manual name resolution...

Question, I do have a "." zone and db.root defined, but no joy.
How do I get bind to feed its cache from the internet root
servers, when my ISP forwarders are down???

TIA
tonyb

--
  __      __  _     I N C.               http://www.sysdev.org
/ __|\\// __||  \  __   __          /         tonyb at sysdev.org
\__ \ \/\__ \||)|/ O_)\/ /        \/  System Tools / Utilities
|___/ || ___/|_ /\___|\_/        WIntel / Linux Device Drivers