Questin about zone file size

jeff donovan jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Wed Dec 17 02:43:13 UTC 2003

greetings

what ( if there is any ) is the max number of zones can i have with
bind 9.2.2?
I am creating reverse entry's for an internal network ( friggin huge ).

i was starting to think, this is alot of entry's.

basically i have 22 networks under one zone master. each network is a
/16. i am only providing records for the first 20 blocks, but still.
(254 x 20 )22 forward and reverse = "gulp". i don't want to overload
this system or cause such a nasty delay that the clients willl break
out the pitch forks.

any words of wisdom or am I just being paranoid as usual, and bind will
handle this just fine :)

--jeff