Setting up a slave server.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Dec 18 16:53:43 UTC 2003

Sorry, I didn't read your original message carefully enough.

Check that your slave is answering authoritatively for the zone (look
for the AA bit in its responses; issue at least 2 queries for the same
name since the first query may "pass through" an authoritative response
-- with the AA bit set -- from some other server). If your slave is
answering non-authoritatively, it's probably because the zone has
expired, and that's probably because TCP port 53 is blocked, thus
preventing zone transfers.

- Kevin