project to set up a dynamic redirect process like TZO.com

Ken Anderson ka at pacific.net
Mon Dec 29 18:52:44 UTC 2003

bruce wrote:

> hi....
>
> we're new to the list...
>
> but we was wondering if someone would be willing to help us get a better
> understanding of how to set up a system that would pretty much replicate
> what www.tzo.com provides regarding static DNS/URL redirects for dynamic IP
> addresses..

To do DNS for dynamic IP assignments, you might look at bind-dlz or
other projects aimed at making dynamic dns changes easier. I don't think
bind-dlz is nearly as fast/scalable as bind, since it uses mysql for a
backend, but it does add the ability to make changes without a 'reload',
and it's probably gotten better since I last looked at it.

Ken A.