forward zone

alberto.colosi at sistinf.it alberto.colosi at sistinf.it
Tue Feb 11 08:57:16 UTC 2003

How to delegate? how is the right way to create a subzone of a domain
mydomain.it ??

Alberto Colosi
IBM Global  Services
Sistemi Informativi S.P.A.
IT Division
NCC GRUPPO Sistemi Informativi

                    Kevin Darcy
                    <kcd at daimlerchr       To:     comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
                    ysler.com>            cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: forward zone
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    11/02/2003
                    00.21

alberto.colosi at sistinf.it wrote:

>Hi, I was wanting to create a forward zone with BIND 8.2.3-REL and I have
>read on the manual (HTML from ISC.org) to set the TYPE of the zone as
>"forward"
>to put     "forward only"   (as needed to me)
>and a forwarders ( ip;  );     to say who is the DNS of that zone.
>
>P.S. the zone was a 3th level zone. I have a zonename.it and it was
>subzone.zonename.it on a different file "" .
>
>The truth is that it was not resolving the queries. WHY?.

Is the subzone delegated? If it's not delegated, then no forwarding will
occur. Once you delegate the subzone, you may find that you don't even
need the "type forward" definition...