Bind 9.2.1 upgrade problem

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Sat Jan 4 11:00:43 UTC 2003

J Carpen <summerrain44 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,  I recently upgraded bind to 9.2.1 from 8.3.1.  However I'm now
> having problems resolving some external domains.  I get timeout when I
> try with bind 9.2.1 but the older version resolves it.  An example to
> that is www.onaysan.com.tr  and domains registered at the same root
> server as this one.  Is there an incompatibility in bind 9 with
> certain dns servers and what can be done to fix this?

> Thanks...

I wouldn't be so much concerned about "onaysan.com.tr", their servers
onaysan.com.tr.         2h22m59s IN NS  ns2.kumsaati.com.tr.
onaysan.com.tr.         2h22m59s IN NS  ns1.kumsaati.com.tr.

is broken, currently not answering at all

bind-9 is more stringent about following standards, so some
'illegal' constructs are simply refused. Which is my guess=20
that you see.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20