How do you make BIND refer to a specific server for a specific do main without being a secondary

Hawkins, Michael MHawkins at TULLIB.COM
Mon Jan 13 22:56:58 UTC 2003

Hi friends,

I want my X BIND server to refer to another Y BIND server for records in a
specific domain foo.com.

But I don't see any way of doing this without making my X BIND server
secondary foo.com out of the master BIND server for that domain which is Y.

Am I missing something here or is there a way to get X to refer queries for
foo.com to Y with a specific configuration?

Michael A Hawkins
Senior Network Engineer & Security Architect
--------------------------
Office: 212-208-3888
Mobile: 917-887-3614
Fax: 212-208-2340
email: mhawkins at tullib.com
--------------------------
Tullet & Liberty Inc.

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't
mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

<<Disclaimer>>

This electronic mail is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named
herein. Unless otherwise specifically stated, the views contained and
expressed in this electronic mail are strictly those of the individual
sender and are not the views of the Company or any of its Directors or other
employees. If you are not the intended recipient of this electronic mail,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or coping of
this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic
mail in error please immediately notify us by return electronic mail and
delete this electronic mail from your system.