creating my own root server

jose.a.campos at exxonmobil.com jose.a.campos at exxonmobil.com
Mon Jan 20 20:42:10 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,
due to project design, which consists of having a 'private Internet zone',
I have had to create my own Internet root server :
zone "." in {
        type master;
        file "db.root";

db.root contains entries defining this server as the root (.) and also
authoritaive for a couple of domains.

My internal DNS servers point to it via db.cache.

Everything seems to be working ok, but the following msg keeps popping up
on my internal server:
Jan 20 12:49:34 my-server-name named[18329]: [ID 295310 daemon.notice]
check_root: 1 root servers after query to root server < min

Is named expecting/assuming there's more than one root name server ?

Thanks,