hosts files not being created...

Network Administrator sysadmin at wirefire.com
Fri Jan 31 13:28:21 UTC 2003

> Why are you creating a secondary zone file?  That is named's job.

I didn't create the file, I put the entry in /etc/named.conf
the syslog message says that /var/named/DOMAIN.host was created as
db-XXxxxxx

the domain is never getting any transfers from the master server.

I installed Bind-8.3.4 and it works fine now, but I would like to know what
caused the problem in case
I run into that again.

-Brett