DNS Forwarders from Windows to Linux

Laurence Mayer laurence at kashya.com
Fri Jul 25 08:13:05 UTC 2003

Hi,
I have a Windows DNS with doaminname.com for our Windows environment,
and a Linux (RH 8.0) DNS with domainname.com for our linux
environment, each with the same domain names.

I have enabled forwarders on the Windows 2k server, to point to the
Linux DNS Server, so that users in  the Windows environment can get to
machines in the Linux environment, BUT when doing a dns lookup from
the Windows environment for a host on the linux DNS it does not
resolve.

Is this because they have the same domain names?

Is this workable?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Laurence