W2K AD update and Bind 9.2

Lyn lynkempter at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 08:53:35 UTC 2003

Hello all,

We allow our W2000 domain controllers to update a unix
dns server running bind 9.2.  I need to change an NS
entry in the zone and can't figure out where the entry
comes from originally.  There seems to be no reference to it
in Active Directory, nor can I find any sort of stub or
configuration file that inserts it in the zone file.
I've tried changing the entry in the Unix dns zone file,
deleting the journal file, even deleting the zone file.
The offending entry keeps returning!

I'm not a Windows expert and would be grateful if someone
could point me in the right direction.  No DNS server runs
on the Windows servers but WINS does (in what I'm told is
a restricted fashion).  What service is responsible for
sending the updates?  Is it Active Directory as I believe or
some other service?

Many thanks from a harried admin.

Lyn