dig AUTHORITY: 0

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Wed Oct 29 07:08:49 UTC 2003

can somebody explain, why sec3.apnic.net showing 0 authority records. It
is a one of our secondaries, but before adding it at the root zone, IANA
   requires the authority section to be defined. We have ns.ripe.net.
and other two .ae secondaries all are returning authority records.

#dig ae. soa @sec3.apnic.net

; <<>> DiG 8.4 <<>> ae. soa @sec3.apnic.net
; (2 servers found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      ae, type = SOA, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ae.                     3H IN SOA       ns1.uaenic.ae.
hostmaster.mail.emirates.net.ae. (
                                         9011            ; serial
                                         30M             ; refresh
                                         5M              ; retry