CNAME caching

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Oct 2 23:52:32 UTC 2003

No, it really *has* to work this way, since the target of the CNAME
could own multiple record types, not just A records. Also, under the
robustness principle, caching resolvers should be able to do something
sane with nested aliases, and this gets to be problematic if you
conflate an alias record with its target...

                                       - Kevin