Problems Resolving mdswim.org

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Oct 15 01:16:22 UTC 2003

> I am not sure who you are, but the MD Swimming web site has been fine.  I
> have received 1 email saying the site was down for 5 days.  I am constantly o
> this site and update daily.
>
> The site is fine.

	It it *not* fine.  DNS lookups for it are failing.  Do you
	think the person I was replying to would be reporting a
	problem that doesn't exist?  Do you think that the other
	complaint is also mistaken?

	I see problems like this everyday.  The failures here depend
	upon cache state and query order.  The delegation for
	mdswim.org is broken.

	The whois data is also out of date.  You should have got a
	bounce due to the old contact details in whois.

	You can choose to do something about it or not.  I can't
	force you to fix anything.

	As for myself I have been doing nameserver development for
	over 10 years.  I've run IP networks of various sizes since
	1988 some of which were continent spanning.

	Mark

NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the PIR
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry
for informational purposes only, and PIR does not guarantee its
accuracy.  This service is intended only for query-based access.  You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations.  All
rights reserved. PIR reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:D1275128-LROR
Domain Name:MDSWIM.ORG
Created On:15-May-1998 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:25-Sep-2003 19:17:52 UTC
Expiration Date:14-May-2006 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R63-LROR
Status:OK
Registrant ID:29243623-NSI
Registrant Name:Maryland Swimming
Registrant Organization:Maryland Swimming
Registrant Street1:1819 thorton ridge rd
Registrant City:baltimore
Registrant State/Province:MD
Registrant Postal Code:21204
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Email:jemcahm at comcast.net
Admin ID:29243623-NSI
Admin Name:Maryland Swimming
Admin Organization:Maryland Swimming
Admin Street1:1819 thorton ridge rd
Admin City:baltimore
Admin State/Province:MD
Admin Postal Code:21204
Admin Country:US
Admin Email:jemcahm at comcast.net
Billing ID:29243626-NSI
Billing Name:de Barros, Pat
Billing Organization:de Barros, Pat
Billing Street1:315 BRIARWICK CT
Billing City:MILLERSVILLE
Billing State/Province:MD
Billing Postal Code:21108-2416
Billing Country:US
Billing Email:mdswim at TOAD.NET
Tech ID:15346381-NSI
Tech Name:Annapolis Internet Inc.
Tech Organization:Annapolis Internet Inc.
Tech Street1:133 Defense Highway Suite 205
Tech City:Annapolis
Tech State/Province:MD
Tech Postal Code:21401
Tech Country:US