simple DNS issue

Adrian.W adrian at groovetip.com
Fri Sep 5 16:22:22 UTC 2003

Hello,

Please assist me with this simple DNS question, if you will:

Groovetip.com is my current website that accepts emails as well. Now,
I am considering recieveing email delivered from adrian at NEWDOMAIN to
be delivered to adrian at groovetip.com. And then, if I create any new
email addresses on groovetip.com, their equivalent will be made
available for wajsbrem.com. Thus, someone sends an email to
adrian at NEWDOMAIN it goes to adrian at groovetip.com. If I send someone
sends to bill at NEWDOMAIN it goes to bill at groovetip.com. At the same
time, I'd like NEWDOMAIN.com to show the web presence of groovetip.com
keeping NEWDOMAIN.com in the address bar. Correct me if I am wrong,
but a simple CNAME record for NEWDOMAIN.com's DNS such as
'NEWDOMAIN.com CNAME groovetip.com' will do all this? Would certain
changes need to be made on your end for the emails to be placed in the
right mailbox and not be rejected as coming from a 'foreign' domain
even though the username is correct?

Say I'd like Info at NEWDOMAIN.com to be delivered to a mailbox
NEWDOMAINInfo at groovetip.com, I would also like to keep the duplicated
web presence happening. In this case, would it mean that the CNAME
couldn't be used and I'd have to setup NEWDOMAIN.com's DNS files with
a series of MX records and some type of other ones? What would they
be?

Any links to appropriate helpsheets or instructions would be great.

Thanks-in-advance.

Adrian Waj.