simple DNS issue

Greg Mathews greg at hostingtheinter.net
Sat Sep 6 09:34:58 UTC 2003

On Friday 05 Sep 2003 5:22 pm, Adrian.W wrote:
 At the same
> time, I'd like NEWDOMAIN.com to show the web presence of groovetip.com
> keeping NEWDOMAIN.com in the address bar. Correct me if I am wrong,
> but a simple CNAME record for NEWDOMAIN.com's DNS such as
> 'NEWDOMAIN.com CNAME groovetip.com' will do all this?

You would need to create a seperate zone for NEWDOMAIN.com set NEWDOMAIN.com
as an A class pointing to the same ip as groovetip.com, and set the MX to
point to mail.groovetip.com

Dont forget to add NEWDOMAIN.com as a ServerAlias in your web server conf file
so NEWDOMAIN.com points groovetip.com

--
UK Web Hosting         http://hostingtheinternet.co.uk
US Web Hosting         http://hostingtheinternet.com