9.2.3rc3(?) Release Questions

Matchstick matchstick at deadspam.com
Wed Sep 17 10:12:10 UTC 2003

I'm pretty new to running BIND and I may be missing something important
but I have 2 questions about the lastest release of Bind.

Firstly, a general question: what is the correct version number ?
The title of the release announcement refers to 9.2.3rc3 but all the
references and URLs in the body refer to 9.2.3rc2 (and I cant find any
rc3 files on the ftp.isc.org)
I'm guessing 9.2.3rc3 was a typo but can anyone confirm this.

Secondly and win32 specific: assuming the reference to 9.2.3.rc2 was a
type has the win32 9.2.3rc2 binary release on ftp.isc.org actually been
updated.
I've just installed it and it's reporting it's version number as
9.2.3rc1 (I'd updated directly from 9.2.2) and still seems to be
resolving unlisted domains to verisigns wildcard address.

Again apologies if I'm talking rubbish or I've missed something obvious.

--
Contact Address matchstick a t oofg d o t com
"The wages of sin are death... but the hours are good and the perks are