named.conf lint (format debugging)

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Thu Sep 25 13:54:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 02:35:55AM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> I ran into a weird issue with my named.conf file (Bind 9) whereby (and
> oddly) the server no longer recognizes the keywords "key" or "controls",
> regardless of where I place them.   Nothing really changed on the system,
> and I've tried a myriad of formatting changes to see what would happen.

And since you don't seem to be accepting mail to forrie.com from
*anywhere*, I'll suggest here in public that your blocklist is a little
aggressive. If you have actual examples of 'abuse' from either foad.org,
ehlke.net, rfc822.net, or blank.org, please forward them to me immediately
so that I can dismember the responsible parties. Otherwise, if you're
going to post to public mailing lists, please use a replyable address.

-Pete