nss_lwres and lwresd problem

Uwe Gansert ug at suse.de
Thu Dec 9 12:58:56 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 15:30, Uwe Gansert wrote:

> I'm not able to make nss_lwres and lwresd work together.
> I've installed bind 9.3.0 and nss_lwres 0.93 on an i586 system. In=3D20
> my /etc/nsswitch.conf I have=3D20
> hosts:  files lwres dns

BTW, in the meantime I found out that it helps to delete the /etc/lwresd.co=
nf=20
file. I did not manage to configure a working version of /etc/lwresd.conf b=
ut=20
it seems to work with the built in defaults.
Is there some kind of magic in that file? Mine looked like this:

options {
     pid-file "/var/run/named/lwres.pid";
     allow-query { any; };
     allow-recursion { any; };
     listen-on port 921 { 127.0.0.1; };
};

logging {
    channel default_debug {
        file "/var/run/named/named.run";
        severity dynamic;
    };
    category default {default_syslog; default_debug; };
};

and starting lwresd shows no problems in the log file and it's listening on=
=20
953 and 921.

=2D-=20
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 N=FCrnberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert at suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
=46ax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de     =20