"Catch-all" forwarding

Harry Sufehmi milis-2 at harrysufehmi.com
Thu Dec 16 11:13:39 UTC 2004

D McDonald wrote:
> If understand you correctly, yes, people do it all the time. Use forward,
> on the internal DNS server add something like this to options.
>
> forwarders { 10.0.0.3; }
>
> replace 10.0.0.3 with your external servers address..

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply.

However, I think with the forwarders statement, you can only either:

# forward all requests ("forward only"), or
# forward requests first ("forward first", which is the default)

At the moment, I'm looking for some sort of "forward if not found in
this server", but it seems that such thing doesn't exist based from my
research so far.

Anyway, thanks again for replying.

Cheers,
Harry