DNS views & caching issue

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 06:47:17 UTC 2004

I am seeing something that may or may not be an issue.  I'm posting
because I don't know whether to accept this as good or bad behavior, and
I would like some expert opinion (although I realize I will probably get
other opinions too ;-)

I have a bind server 9.2.1 setup with 2 views.  The view for net-A
serves recursive lookups for advanced (approved) users, the second view,
net-B, serves limited (hardcoded) lookups for new (not-yet-approved)
users.  HOWEVER, every successful lookup for net-A is subsequently
available via view lookups from net-B.

Does this seem normal?

Is there some sort of mis-configure cache setting?

What config data can I provide to assist in debugging this?

Thanks,

-Jim P.