DNS question

Alberto Tablado alberto at aluki.org
Sat Feb 7 00:51:52 UTC 2004

You have to configure properly the domain autocompletion. In my linux
box, i can reach to every host in my domain by only usign the hostname
w/o qualification. This works bcz i told to the resolver that i'm in the
aluki.org domain in the /etc/resolv.conf

In windows, i know that there is a dialog (the same in which you can
configure DNS servers) that can insert qualifying domains. If you want
to resolve a not qualified hostname, it is automatically qualified
before sending the query.

El vie, 06-02-2004 a las 19:36, Jos=E9 Ricardo Garc=EDa Olivo escribi=F3: