Lots of CNAME's

Holdsworth, Matthew Matthew.Holdsworth at cwcom.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 11:18:21 UTC 2004

Dear All,

Is there anyone out there who has DNS records containing many many CNAME's?

We are thinking of creating host records in our DNS system which potentially
will have around 1000 CNAME's attached. I need to make sure this will not
have an effect on performance of DNS etc.. Eg. If you're trying to resolve a
CNAME to an IP address which, in the record has tons of other CNAME's, will
this slow the response down and affect performance?

Regards

Matt

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited