Lameserver/wont resolve

Kris McElroy kris.mcelroy at duracom.net
Fri Feb 27 16:28:20 UTC 2004

My domain is staffone.com
I changed the Name Servers at my registrar's about 2 or 3 weeks ago to:
NS1.staffone.com
ns2.staffone.com
ns3.staffone.com.

When I log into ns1.staffone.com and run

[root at ns1 log]# nslookup
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
> staffone.com
> www.staffone.com
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   www.staffone.com
Address: 208.188.175.3

In the log files I get:
Feb 27 11:19:02 ns1 named[1619]: lame server resolving 'ns1.staffone.com'
(in 'staffone.com'?): 208.188.175.98#53

Also when I go to
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=staffone.com I get an
error about Lame Servers?  I am running Bind 9.2.2 on Fedora Core 1.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kris